View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Thanks for the great post! IMHO 3 days, seems to me you were 3 days before battery improved (partially due to location vs prev ROM..) but even so.. 24 certainly not, 48... maybe (not for me), 3rd day is probably a good indicator IF you don't change habits & location (weekend vs weekday)
"phone gets very warm, so its doing a lot behind the scenes as well. I also noticed that my data lite on my airave is blinking as well so some data is being sent out"
Been thinking about that for months, glad you brought it up... data sent... yep to Micro Soft, bank info, first born, addr, phone#, browsing habits, pictures... (sarcasm) BUT, it was VERY interesting what data "showed up" magically on my TP2 when I didn't install ANYTHING doing some testing... NO syncing on my end, no logging into MS or Google, just let it run for 20 hours. I was VERY surprised. That's exactly why the "settle" time IMO!! The first several hours pound data!!?? Also the reason the phone sometimes seems faster later. I found a long time ago, if I let active sync run for the 1st 1/2 hour instead of forcing stop (as usual), everything runs better????? Good one, thanks for bringing that up.
Right, signal has A LOT to do with battery life. WHile I was in Charleston I was getting better than 48 hours per charge. However, I'm still getting over 36 hours back home - but I think two other major factors are playing into that; 1. the 1800mAh battery I'm using and, 2. my NEW Airvana (Airave) which supports data.

I've got a couple weeks before school starts so I may try an experiment and flash back to a much older ROM and compare battery use between the older builds and newer ones.

Ahhhhh..theres my coffee!

David