View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 AM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
still wondering which 23xxx? *edit* GOT IT we were posting @ same time *edit done*
Also, I never like to comment on battery life in the first couple of days, seems to me if you go back & read about the 24xxx it was horrific at first? Let'r settle & let us know.. (don't jump yet unless your BT issues are a real high priority)
Right, the 9/4 24xxx was pretty bad on the battery at first but it also ended up being the ROM that gave me 56 hours on a single charge. But, I've only been on 9/13 for 12 hours now and I'm going to give it a good workout today. 9/8 also ended up being a good ROM once I got the SOD issues sorted out (thanks lbcary).

Overall, I think each newer ROM NRG puts out is top quality and like I read somewhere back a few pages, you can't satisfy everyone.

Also, in defense of the settle in theory, I've noticed with the last several ROM's that I've flashed that the phone gets very warm, so its doing a lot behind the scenes as well. I also noticed that my data lite on my airave is blinking as well so some data is being sent out which would account for the quicker drain. (or I might just be crazy) Add in the initial google sync and the "myphone" sync and that accounts for a lot of juice use.

In any event, a minimum of 24 hours is required before you can decide if you have a good performing ROM or not. I usually give it 48 hours to be sure.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my start menu just yet, although I use all the quicklinks in CHT more than I use the start menu, so I don't think I'm gonna try the start menu change, but, I think I may give the internet boost cab a try.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.