Old 09-04-2010, 03:58 PM
hi-tech
PPCGeeks Regular

hi-tech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

My 1 cent...

Plain and simple. Sprint has been trying to get folks off of Sero for years now. Working around that TOS loophole where as long as you don't change your plan you can keep it. They enacted that "Minimum plan required was $70/month" for the Hero/Pre when those phones launched.

They basically wanted to eat like AT&T and the like was eating with the iPhone release being those phones should have been "iPhone killers".

Seeing how most Sero people was unmoved and stuck with their plans, their marketing reps basically said fine if we can't get em off Sero lets "try" and trickle some more money out of em with these new $10 fees, The 4G fee has been beaten to death, but that $10 anytime mobile (unnecessary to some people, like me) is still required just to get that iconic device. (hook)

Also as Russ said, once you upgrade to Sero Premium you probably can't change back to regular Sero if you return the phones -- hence your stuck paying $50 (line).

Like everything business wise else we (customers) are just fish in the water and these new marketing ploys are just different bait techniques to see which fish bites. -- Hook, line and sinker.

Although I side with Nary's argument, my TP2 has been getting under the skin lately... (just today alone it (not me) forgot it's pin - forced to hard reset). May be forced to upgrade out of sheer annoyance with the phone, winmo, etc...