View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 02:55 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
Quick question. My screen has been randomly turning on for no reason.

Yesterday at work, my phone screen randomly turned on while sitting on my desk. This morning when I got up, the screen was on for who knows how many hours.

Anyone have any idea why or how to fix it? Nothing is set to "display message on screen" except for text messages and reminders, but I had no appointments or reminders or alarms set, did not receive a text message, etc.

I don't believe it happened in previous builds, but I'm not 100% sure of that.
There are a couple things that will cause that to happen, neither of which are ROM related. First, and most common is the phone switching from tower to tower or in and out of roam. Happens to me a lot in the hospital I work at, especially when I'm in "shielded" rooms.

Also, if you have a slipcase with a magnetic closure, the magnet in the flap or the case will trigger the magnetic sensor that senses when the stylus is pulled out and the screen will turn on. Its more a problem for me if I'm even near one of our MRI units. No real fix that I know of.

To possibly solve the first problem, you could try turning of Roam.

David
This post has been thanked 5 times.