View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:29 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone really is the best phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
Actually I see the evo and epic to be just as good. Its the consumer that chooses the tradeoffs... let me explain how i see it

-Evo has a bigger screen
-Epic has better colors
-Evos screen is sharper (look up Pentile Matrix in the AMOLED) it affects sharpness in favor of contrast. The text is where it can be seen where it looks more jagged than other similar res. Screens
-Epic has a hard keyboard (preference)
-Evo is slimmer since it lacks a kb (preference)
-Epic is much better in gfx
-Evo has a kickstand
-Epic has a 6 axis gyroscope (dunno how this will be a huge advantage but still)

-both have front cameras (evo 1.3, epic VGA)
-both do hdmi out (evo by micro hdmi, epic by 3mm jack)
-ill reserve camera performance and battery till after the epic us out and with real world tests

I dunno why we pin against each other, im just glad sprint gives us a choice with these two different but equally powerful superphones

Sorry to go off topic

Why would you list Bigger screen as a plus though...that up to preference..some see 4.3 as too big (not me personally)..also a Gyroscope is better then a kickstand >.>...

also Epic can do 3.5mm video out of the entire screen and HDMI via the micro usb

Epic also has a better CPU..not only GPU...it has 45nm vs 65nm, not to mention its more powerful (all 1ghz are not created equal)

Super AMOLED also uses up less energy then LCD

Epic also does native video playback of Divx and Xvid and has better hardware video decoder

Lastly Idk about the specs but Galaxy S has Bluetooth 3.0..so my guess is it will have it as well...

Must I go on? lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)