View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 1| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016z

OK, I did a little experimenting. .mov won't play on WM and crashes TCPMP, so that rules out MOV. (for me at least)

I played a 299mb video that I shot last week while riding my motorcycle. Its converted from MOV to WMV and plays fine on my computer. However, in WMM on my TP, it is very choppy and freezes and drops frames.
Edit... just realized that it was converted at 2446 kbps which is a bit high.
in light of that, what bitrate are you trying to play the movie back at. If it is recorded in a high BR like mine is, the TP may be choking on it.
I can play youtubes just fine.

I played a smaller video (8mb) and it plays fine.
One thing to consider for me is that I am playing them off my storage card which is a relatively fast Class VI card. If you are using a slower speed card like a Class II, it will effect the transfer rate significantly.
I also think the glitch or problem may be in the buffering. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't there a problem with the native video drivers for the TP cooked ROMS? I may be wrong though.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.