View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
lionedas
Regular 'Geeker

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
nueSpinLockPatcher is a tool to patch out the SWP containing procedures in HTC code – inside both drivers and the kernel. Its a tool designed for ROM cooks and developers – see the download page for links and information.

What does this mean? What are SWP?
What are the advantages to being spinlocked.
Help

hthomas hope this clears everything up for you!
I think it has something to do with Sub Atomic Particles!

SWP instruction
The ARM SWP instruction is used to perform an atomic read-modify-write operation. It is commonly used with semaphores to guarantee that another process cannot modify a semaphore when it is being read by the current process.
If the ARM966E-S performs a SWP operation to an AHB address location, the access is always performed as unbuffered to ensure that the core is stalled until the write has occurred on the AHB. The BIU asserts the HLOCK output to prevent the AHB arbiter from granting a different master, thus ensuring that the read-modify-write is atomic.