View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:14 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: home tab weather animation speed stuttering ,choppy and slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
Dear Dave ,you are absolutely right , july 16 is the best one ,the fastest one and the most stable, including the weather animation, weather animations speed gives me an info.about the ROM speed ,that is the reason why I am sticking with jul 16 fornow, keep trying the new ROMs then have to go back to jul16.
regarding background services ,and apps ,I have absolutely nothing extra , further more I have disabled all the unnecc. services using memmaid and sktools .
I have skinned all the icons though , but the difference in jul 16 and the other ROMs is noticeable regarding the weather animation.
You make a good point. I guess the annimation could serve as a method for gauging your phones stability/speed but take into consideration that the annimation does use quite a bit of resources. Also bare in mind that the core of the ROM is from a phone that is different than ours and much more powerful. At this point I'm sure lots of chefs are approaching the limits of tweakability for sense on our phone.

As far as being satisfied with ROMs, I go back to older builds often. I try to stay ahead of the curve so I can help out so I'm willing to love with a few problems until I can figure out how to get them sorted out. But If I get one I can't use, I'll have a flashback.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.