View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 11:50 PM
mp1
PPCGeeks Regular

mp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuffmp1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 30| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Sorry, no that's not what I was trying to summarize, guess I didn't do a good job, let me try again... also remember... I don't think flyers would agree that this reg change has anything todo with my SOD's. But.. so far so good... also someone else many pages back didn't think it would help save battery... yet another did (strongly).. at this point, IMO it must, as your not keeping that internet connection on all the time..

* SAVE BATTERY & not be connected to the internet all the time
DATA timeout
/disconnect automatic: start, internet, data controller, menu, config connection timeouts
Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use. Don't forget to reboot when prompted.
But that may cause your dialer answer/ignore slider to stick and may result in missed phone calls, as it changes your HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting. This key should be #777 for CDMA (sprint), use Total Commander to change it.
(Using the program Advanced Config can 'make the' above reg key 'incorrect' via using the program.. also, it's a great program you can use to modify tons of internal settings & registry keys easily .. such as default directory to save downloads to :>)), but you should ensure the above key is #777 if you're on CDMA after you use Advanced Config.

This is correctly stating my summary... but that doesn't mean it's correct. Please advise if I've misstated or anyone has additional input. THANKS
I believe changing the HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume key value to a GPRS setting is what actually allows the Data Controller and Advanced Config Tool apps to automatically disconnect the data after the specified timeout. This was an issue with the original TP as well. Even though doing the above (setting timeout in Data Controller, rebooting, manually setting the key to #777, and rebooting) results in the right registry key setting AND the correct timeout checked in Data Controller, the Data Controller app cannot do it's job without the GPRS setting.

Long story short:
Either you will have data auto-disconnect with some missed calls or you will have constant data connect with no missed calls. As things are now, you must pick your poison.

I live WithOut the auto disconnect and use the attached cab to set a long
End Key press to disconnect my data. Rhodium Keyboard Controller has many other uses as well and is worth a look. You can also set a quicklink (Co0kie provides sooooo many of them) to Miscellaneous\Disconnect Data and give that a tap on occasion.

P.S. @teradog Please do not think I am trying to discredit you in any way; just trying to provide some help as so many have helped me.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RhodiumKbdControl_CDMA.CAB (377.4 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mp1; 08-02-2010 at 03:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.