View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 03:33 PM
sanjsrik
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO to PC not working? ADB?

HTC Sync without fail is a piece of monkey feces wrapped in elephant dung. I've never gotten it to work.

On the other hand, I just downloaded Droid Explorer which works so freaking well I cannot believe how amazing it is. Initially, i could conect my device, but couldn't see the directories, etc. Turned out busybox was read only and wasn't allowing me to access it on the device.

There are a few caveats:

have to be rooted (fully rooted)
May have to install busybox (I got help from the developer and you can see my post about how well it worked once I followed instructions on how to install busybox). They're part of the discussion I posted (link below) that was questioning if the Evo was compatible with Droid Explorer, after busybox installation, it is. WIthout fail, I am able to do so much that HTC Sync cannot do. A few parts of Droid Explorer are still under construction, but the application is great.:

http://de.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=221342