View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 08:54 AM
MacWilder
PPCGeeks Regular

MacWilder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint International Data Plans Terminated -Sprint Executive Reaction

Sprint abruptly terminated its international fixed-price data plans on July 11.
Previously, it had offered unlimited data for $45 to $70 a month, which could be prorated so that it amounted to $1.50 to $2.25 a day. (Verizon continues to offer its comparable plan.)
I wrote a letter to Sprint's President, Don Hesse, pointing out that this put users in an impossible position, since there is no way to monitor or audit data usage. This in turns means that the user could be overcharged, cheated, or could inadvertently run up extraordinarily high bills.
I contrasted this with international telephone usage, where the user knows the per minute charge of each call and can time the calls to verify he/she was charged appropriately. (A copy of this letter is posted elsewhere on this forum).
I rather promptly got a call from a representative in the executive office. Reduced to its essentials, the representative said that the executive office knew nothing about the termination even after some research into the issue. She promised to investigate the issue further and get back to me.
Accordingly, I urge those who think they may use international data capabilities to also write or email Sprint's President to protest the termination of the plan and plea for its reinstatement.