Old 07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
STBickerton
Lurker

STBickerton is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Configuring Sprint-Branded Touch Pro to work on Verizon

Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to convert a Sprint-branded Touch Pro (PPC6850SP) to use on Verizon. I previously posted a question regarding problems with my phone, and in that post I commented on how Sprint customer service has been terrible. Therefore, I am ready to dump Sprint and go with either T-Mobile or Verizon (I thought about Cricket until I learned that they use Sprint's network). If I go with T-Mobile I will need a GSM phone, but I thought that, if I can repair this thing, and convert it to use with Verizon, I can save myself the cost of a new phone (I have a basic Verizon phone that can be used in the interim).

Is this possible? If so, how do I go about it? Although I hate Windows Mobile with a passion, I would keep that OS for the time being (but would consider Android or another OS in the future if those bugs can be worked out). Would there be any ramifications, such as the loss of certain programs and/or features? I mainly use my phone for calls, text messaging, internet (through wi-fi), and Windows-based programs; I do not use the TV, Sprint email, Weather, or GPS.

Thanks in advance for your help.