View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 PM
fwaits
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |IMAGIO|¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Jul 14| 21911|23569 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ MaxSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadman View Post
I'm using the 21908 Gtx rom and I really like it but hate that the battery drain is quick. What version would y'all suggest I upgrade to 21911 or 23569? Also wifey wants to know the same thing about max manilla 21911 or 23569? Thx all...
Not sure that either are more or less of a battery drain, but here's what i do to minimize power loss:

If using Exchange email, set mailbox polling to 15 mins instead of As items arrive. Direct Push is quite a battery hog on these phones.

Use CDMA only mode rather than Global (Don't need GSM since I'm not traveling anywhere that requires it.

Make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are disabled unless needed.

Set backlight to 50% on battery. At 100% it's too bright anyway.

Otherwise just close apps that don't need to be running for long periods of time in the background. I get a full day out of mine with usually more than 50% left unless I really use it quite a bit during the day and even then I haven't ever run out before bedtime when I charge it overnight.