View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Mazzakre
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So I was messing with a Nexus One to get a feel for froyo aanndd....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
It's not THAT great. It's an update and those are always always always welcome, of course! But it seems that people have been getting extremely hyped for this to come to the Evo. Okay, maybe I shouldnb't have said it's not great. That comes off bad. It is great, but it's nothing completely new and it really doesn't change much. Sure, for a Nexus One user it was a huge update for them. For us Evo users, I just don't think we should get too exicted or get our hopes up too high.

Is Froyo going to be the same build for the Evo as it is for the Nexus One? Is it going to be, like Froyo 2.21?
Sure it may not look better but does it run faster? That's the point of the update isnt it? Also, what i liked most from the i/o demo is the ability to push info from your pc to your phone like webpages and maps. And browsing apps from the pc, clicking download and having it download on the phone is awesome. Functionality over cosmetics is what froyo is about