View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants04 View Post
winmonewbie,

I'm using the non-PC method. This is what I saw on the screen and no request to update:

SD checking...
PC36DIAG.zip
no image!
Loading PC36DIAG.nbh
no image or wrong image!
Loading PC36IMAGE.zip

Checking PC36IMAGE.zip...

Then it goes to the main HBOOT screen.
It's not seeing the file. This means its corrupt or not named correctly.
If it weren't the system would run with it even if you just ran it, that's why we have to rename it or take it off the card because evertytime we go into hboot it would be read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
winmonebie...at 5s still getting permission denied (using the pc method)..I have went back to original post and re-dowloaded all the ota root files as well the eng-pc files (renamed the eng-pc file) and placed everything back to the root of my sd card..any ideas of what could still be going on?? thanks again
Your permission denied is weird. Did you ever reformat your card? That may help.

I'm not home atm so my resources are limited. Be home in a bit.