View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:16 AM
ChrisH09
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Your analogy is stupid. So if it is just a phone, why get it? I can use my computer to go online and watch youtube, my camera to take pictures, my video camera for video, etc....

It's not just a phone it is a mutli-media device and as far as I know, games would fall under that category. I don't play games on my phone, but I believe 100% that the EVO should play them at it's full capacity and not limit people's experiences.....

In all the advertisements for the EVO not one mentions anything about it's great phone call feature's. The phone part is the least important for many. The iPhone proves that more then anything.

If you want a phone, go by a Startac or Razr. If you want a multimedia device, that would be an EVO and that doesn't mean minus games. It is one thing if the power wasn't there, but it is and being limited by HTC......

One would think if I was a company who made these devices, I would go out there and make the best damn thing I can possibly make to eat up the rest of the competition. I would love to HTC's mission statement and see how BS it really is.

Last note, if they say they need to limit it due to the HDMI cable, why can't they just write some code in the software that say if the cable is plugged in do not exceed 30fps. I am not programmer but I would think this would be possible.
If it's just a phone why get it? I though the sole reason to buy a phone was to call people...without having to have a cord attached to it. Yeah, over time cell companys have expanded to music, video...and some gaming...but that shouldn't change weather or not someone wants a phone. I know people that buy a phone just for the calling...being portable...then there are people that want every feature out there to please them. It seems you are one of those. I'm one of those people that buy a phone for my needs.

How many games on the Android market required more than 30fps? I'm guessing is a small percentage. Any NES, SNES, or Sega game will run just fine on this device.

If the Evo was a dual core 2Ghz with a physical GPU like a GF 120 or something...yeah I would hope it would be more than 30fps...but really...30fps is alot.

I will add...that the droid X is limited to the same fps cap as the Evo....since it has HDMI...I researched Motorola's website...30fps is as high as it goes...since again it has HDMI out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.