View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:24 AM
eman
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Anyone relize....IT'S A PHONE!!!! Use your computer to play games...sure the Evo can play some games...but it was never meant to replace you desktop. Your asking a phone thats smaller than a computer hard drive to do more than a average Graphics card in a PC...It aint going to happen.

Sure the Nexus 1 has better FPS, but does the N1 have a 4.3inch screen, HDMI out? Nope..this phone does....It also has many more features that current released phones don't have. Watch, the Moto Droid X will have the same kind of limit...due to the HDMI out. Update - just looked it up, same 30fps cap as the Evo...so don't feel bad.
Your analogy is stupid. So if it is just a phone, why get it? I can use my computer to go online and watch youtube, my camera to take pictures, my video camera for video, etc....

It's not just a phone it is a mutli-media device and as far as I know, games would fall under that category. I don't play games on my phone, but I believe 100% that the EVO should play them at it's full capacity and not limit people's experiences.....

In all the advertisements for the EVO not one mentions anything about it's great phone call feature's. The phone part is the least important for many. The iPhone proves that more then anything.

If you want a phone, go by a Startac or Razr. If you want a multimedia device, that would be an EVO and that doesn't mean minus games. It is one thing if the power wasn't there, but it is and being limited by HTC......

One would think if I was a company who made these devices, I would go out there and make the best damn thing I can possibly make to eat up the rest of the competition. I would love to HTC's mission statement and see how BS it really is.

Last note, if they say they need to limit it due to the HDMI cable, why can't they just write some code in the software that say if the cable is plugged in do not exceed 30fps. I am not programmer but I would think this would be possible.