View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
boba1213
Lurker

boba1213 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who actually USES 4g?

I've had the phone for nearly a month now, in Chicago, and rarely, if ever, turn on 4G. When I do it's been a startling disappointment, losing signal and dropping whatever program may be using it (eBuddy, for instance, tends to not like it when the signal drops out and disconnects you.) Overall I don't find the service to be very reliable, going from 3 bars to 0 bars for next to no reason.

3G, however, has done everything I need it to, seems much faster than on my TP2 (probably due to rendering with a 1ghz processor as opposed to whatever the TP2 had) and has been generally quite fast. I've tried watching Youtube videos via 4G and had far more stuttering than when 3G was the only thing active, any explanation or am I just crazy?

With that said, I believe the cons of 4G being that it drains battery and it doesn't stay connected with a strong signal (even while next to a Sprint installed 4G repeater at work.) Pros it's "much faster." But when would you need that speed unless you are downloading large files? It's nearly negligible (when it works) in loading web sites.

Maybe I'm crazy or something's wrong with my EVO. Anyone else having these issues?