View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Donatom3
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Anyone else think WiFi hotspot should be free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
yes i agree, it can be done with PDAnet... i'm saying it should be able to be done with out PDAnet or paying the $30

when you plug it in to a computer it asks if you want to share internet... i should be able to select that and connect to the internet with no further configuration as can be done in WinMo with my touch pro
Do you have HTC sync installed on the computer. I'm going to try this later at home since I have it already installed on my laptop.
http://community.sprint.com/baw/mess...p1jive1#179481

"HTC Sync needs to be installed on your laptop/whatever you want to tether to first. Plug in your phone after installing Sync. When the "Connect to PC" list comes up, select HTC Sync then done. After your phone is recognized, go back into the "Connect to PC" list and change from HTC Sync to Internet Sharing. It will pick up the signal and tether, but beware it does take a few minutes. I tethered with both Wifi and 3g last night.

On a side note, it seemed odd but it appears you have to Sync first before sharing every time you start a fresh connection. I tried to share without syncing first and it didn't appear to work."

Those are some notes I found on it.