View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
tdcrone
Lurker

tdcrone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro -- Now working on Verizon! And with GPS!

I've been using Android exclusively now for a few days, and my clock was -way- off... so I dug up "ClockSync" from the app market. As it turns out, Bob is my uncle; I set it to auto-sync NTP every 15 minutes and now my clock is about right most of the time. Yay!

Also, I discovered pay apps using MarketEnabler - for Sprint I used ID 310120, which I think is actually correct (Hero according to various sites - see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...115443&page=51 for use). Presumably there is some way to make the ID permanent, but running ME is good enough for me as rarely as I'm likely to buy apps.

My battery life is at least 5-6 disconnected hours on a charge (no GPS usually), which is plenty with my spare battery. Part of me thinks my battery meter is getting more accurate, and part of me thinks I'm getting used to popping away the warnings. No evidence either way, really, but it is much less annoying than when I started.

Forgive me if I duplicated some other posts. Exciting times to be using a TP; I see that the 3D driver is in the new XDAndroid, so I may have to upgrade soon. Thanks makk and all!