View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney91 View Post
Need some help. I'm at the manual recovery part. Just like some people that posted, when I try to reboot in recovery, the black screen comes up for a second and then disappears. Then, I tried to boot in recovery by inputing the commands (as recommended at the bottom of page 11 of this thread). The message it gave me was "adb server is out of date killing.... adb server didn't ACK *failed to start daemon* error:"
Not sure what commands you're referring too. If you reference a post, say the post#. I have my default set to 40post per page sure currently, there's only 9 pages.

As far as commands, as long as you extract the evo-recovery into a folder as I mentioned in the 1st post, you can just type the command into a run window.
Or better yet, you should get comfortable w/ adb shell.

Connect you're phone and select "Charge Only."
Make sure USB Debugging is on.
In a run window type;
c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell

That brings up the shell command window.
Everything you type there goes straight to the phone.
reboot recovery (for booting into recovery)
Then you can run the .bat file straight from the run windows like I described in post 1.