N00b
Threadstarter

gbh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power off cycle... how long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Some fellow geeks and I were discussing this elsewhere... but here is the long and short of what I can figure on this....

If you are restarting for the sake of just restarting (I.e. no crashes or unresponsive apps or just because you feel it will free up some memory) it should power down and allow you to power up immediately.

If you have an Evo that's just being wonky or an app that crashed or had to be force closed and you need to reboot to get android back in line.... it can take up to a minute for Android to actually completely shut down AFTER the screen has shut off. You will not be able to power on until it finally shuts down.... if it takes more than a minute, you are probably locked up... pull the battery and you will be able to boot right back up once you've put the battery back in...

Chances are you are rooting because some app/widget went to hell so just be patient.... one minute should be all it takes
Thanks. This exactly answered my question, which I guess was confusing to some.

And, this what I see. If I power down (pretty much for any reason, including when things are working fine), the next power on cycle takes about a minute before the phone actually STARTS to boot.

Just wanted to make sure this wasn't a phone issue.