Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 PM
mr.jcarter
PPCGeeks Regular

mr.jcarter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
(See edit at bottom...issue resolved, see bottom for fix)

Ok, I built a custom ROM with .NET and Crossbow.tsk. Then I tried to go back and edit my default.hv to make some registry edits with the idea of rebuilding my nk.nba file and reflashing (an incremental update, if you will). I get the error in the attached screenshot.

When I initially built default.txt for my first attempt at a ROM, I pasted all the .NET registry entries at the bottom of the file. I've noticed that when I went back to edit default.txt the second time around, the entries for .NET had moved to the middle of the file. I guess the txt-to-hv file does this - maybe it alphabetizes them.

Needless to say, this isn't working now. I get the above error trying to build default.hv, and the default.hv that comes out of this process is much too small (552KB, when the original was 676KB).

Does this mean that one has to start from scratch every time you do a ROM? That seems like a ton of work...Colonel, how are you handling your updates as you add things?

Thanks to all for the tools and for any advice!

EDIT: The solution was that all the registry entries I copied for .NET CF2 had "\" in the paths, which need to be "\\" so the parser can figure out what to do with them. Being a former Perl guy I really should have figured that out more quickly - and I recall reading something about that somewhere as well. Here's what I don't get: Colonel's registry entries from the .NET package are formatted correctly. So I'm wondering what process undid that and messed up my default.hv file? Hopefully I won't have to fix this every time I rebuild a new ROM.
I just came across the same problem trying to remake a ROM. How did you pinpoint where the mistake in the registry was??