PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 02:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It has been released and is now available at http://www.ppcgeeks.com/6700yuma-cus...3-3-t2423.html

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
(See edit at bottom...issue resolved, see bottom for fix)

Ok, I built a custom ROM with .NET and Crossbow.tsk. Then I tried to go back and edit my default.hv to make some registry edits with the idea of rebuilding my nk.nba file and reflashing (an incremental update, if you will). I get the error in the attached screenshot.

When I initially built default.txt for my first attempt at a ROM, I pasted all the .NET registry entries at the bottom of the file. I've noticed that when I went back to edit default.txt the second time around, the entries for .NET had moved to the middle of the file. I guess the txt-to-hv file does this - maybe it alphabetizes them.

Needless to say, this isn't working now. I get the above error trying to build default.hv, and the default.hv that comes out of this process is much too small (552KB, when the original was 676KB).

Does this mean that one has to start from scratch every time you do a ROM? That seems like a ton of work...Colonel, how are you handling your updates as you add things?

Thanks to all for the tools and for any advice!

EDIT: The solution was that all the registry entries I copied for .NET CF2 had "\" in the paths, which need to be "\\" so the parser can figure out what to do with them. Being a former Perl guy I really should have figured that out more quickly - and I recall reading something about that somewhere as well. Here's what I don't get: Colonel's registry entries from the .NET package are formatted correctly. So I'm wondering what process undid that and messed up my default.hv file? Hopefully I won't have to fix this every time I rebuild a new ROM.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hv_error_439.zip (13.9 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Just rename the .dlls in the rom. Make mfc80u.dll into mfc80u.dll_ and so on and vice versa.

Once renamed, here is my flash file entry:
Directory("\Windows\OEM"):-File("mfc80u.dll_","\Windows\mfc80u.dll_")
Directory("\Windows\OEM"):-File("msvcr80.dll_","\Windows\msvcr80.dll_")
Strictly speaking, the final step there doesn't appear to be necessary. There is some process during nba/nbf building/flashing that takes the files with .dll extension (note no underscore) from the DUMP folder and copies them to the Windows directory as DLL files. In the original DUMP folder, the files with .dll_ are the good files, so it moves the wrong ones into \Windows. When you rename the files in the DUMP folder, you make the "good" .dll_ files and make them .dll files, so the ones that get copied to \Windows are the good ones. The bad files, which you've renamed .dll_ (with underscore), get copied to Windows\OEM, where I believe (so far) they do no harm.

I just created a ROM only doing the renaming part of that process, and pics&vids are working. I can tell by the file sizes of the DLLs in the Windows folder that I have the right ones:

mfc80u.dll: 672K or 671K (PC versus Resco Explorer)
msvcr80.dll: 37K or 36K (PC versus Resco Explorer)

Now that I've renamed the files in the DUMP folder, the ones with the DLL extensions are the "good" files, so I may change the initflashfiles.dat to read:

Directory("\Windows\OEM"):-File("mfc80u.dll","\Windows\mfc80u.dll")
Directory("\Windows\OEM"):-File("msvcr80.dll","\Windows\msvcr80.dll")

This means the "good" files will be copied to \Windows\OEM as DLL files. Note that since we renamed the files in the DUMP folder we had to make a corresponding change in initflashfiles.dat because before we made this change, the original two lines in initflashfiles.dat copied the good files over and changed the extension from .dll_ to .dll.

Whew!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
dumb question, is there any easier way to simply change the boot screen, rather than have to rip apart the ROM and repack everything?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:37 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes, you can change the bootscreen - which boot screen are you talking about? The cold boot, or the warm boot?
Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rawr is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj
Yes, you can change the bootscreen - which boot screen are you talking about? The cold boot, or the warm boot?
both. the carrier one and the windows mobile boot screen.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The carrier bootscreen change is:

http://ppcgeeks.com/splash-screen-t1932.html

The other one is just a file in \Windows you can replace... forget the name, but whatever the thing is named in this topic, use that

http://ppcgeeks.com/wm6-crossbow-boo...ootscreen.html
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rawr is a n00b
Okay, i get a problem on step #2... I try to run the nba to dump and it says it can't find the IMGFS Start.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:09 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
ur nba in the sae folder as imgfs tools and did u move anything?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
If he is running nba to dump, he shouldn't need the imgfs file yet should he? This should be created by the bat files. However, if you are trying to dump a rom from a different phone in general (i.e. one from a Wizard, possibly Crossbow) you will have major issues. Am I close?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache