View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rooting and Flashing EVO Instructions for super n00b's on PC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin-asian View Post
im another user having trouble with the "windows-recovery.bat" portion. i ran command prompt with admin rights, ran the adb recovery command and got to the screen with red triangle and exclamation point.

i have rooted using unrevoked as well and attached is the error i get when trying to run "windows-recovery.bat"

am i missing something?
I got that same error last night on my wife's phone. Her phone had not been rooted yet.
Just to see what would happen, I did the OTA and used unrevoked on her phone.
When I tried to go to recovery, I had the same issue.
I disconnected the phone, rebooted the pc, then connected the phone using HTC Sync and tried the .bat file again and it worked.
Then I was able to flash OMJ's rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Okay, so I guess the question is:
Has anyone actually been successful with the recovery if they rooted using the unrevoked method, on a device that has the OTA update? I'm seeing a lot of people that couldn't get it to work (me being one of them). I am seeing people say it worked for them, but I haven't seen anyone specify that they were using the unrevoked method on a device that has the OTA installed.
I did it last night. The truth is, it's probably easier just to downgrade.
Basically you flash the latest signed rom, then you flash the original signed rom. Then you're back to square 1. Just follow my directions afterwards.

FYI - I'm recording a video of this process. Will be up later tonight hopefully.