View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
GirlGoneGeek
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone using iGO 8

So I am afraid to use this if it's not working for the vogue...

Can someone confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatnai View Post
I have iGo8 8.3.1 running beautifully on my HTC vogue, with one and only one problem. If I try to use the "Power Management" setting "smart power save" where it dims the backlight automatically when no turn is approaching, my phone shuts off in line with the phone's native power feature and iGo never wakes it back up. If I disable the phone's native setting that turns off the screen, then the "smart power save" setting in iGo8 works great, dimming and undimming the screen appropriately, and the screen never turns off. With the "Power Management" setting in iGo8 to "backlight always on" the phone's native power settings are ignored and the backlight stays on, even if the phone is natively set to turn off the screen. The screen never dims in this iGo8 power mode. This makes me think that iGo8 is able to prevent the backlight from timing out and dimming, but not prevent the screen from shutting off.

Another individual over at gpsunderground.com was able to fix some power problems by setting the right phone name in his sys.txt. There is an htc.ini file in config/device/, also in data.zip, that specifies some power settings, however the gps settings included there are wrong for the vogue. I did try adding the power settings found there to my sys.txt, with no effect on my problem.

Is anyone with a Vogue able to run in "smart power save" WITHOUT changing your phone's native power setting to not turn off the screen?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson