View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
tjELITE
::The Elite Geek::

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
Is some of this 'problem' due to people confusing memory with storage space?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
Hey TJ,

In my experience I have found that the available memory has no real direct correlation with whether you install CABS to the phone storage or the storage card.

When you install a CAB to the storage card, there is a small amount of Program memory that gets used just like if you were to install that same CAB to the Phone Storage.

Maybe I am way off base here, but I used to focus on putting all my CABS on my Storage Card, only to find that my phones available memory was still pretty low after a day or two use. 35MB to 40MB Free or 75% to 85%.

I then chose to put all my CABS in the XDA_US folder on the storage card and just install them all to the phone storage.

Low and behold, I experienced the same low memory as when I used to put them all on the storage card.

I think it boils down to how many CABS a person has installed and not so much whether they are installed to the SC or the Phone Storage.

Thoughts?

EDIT:

With 90% of my 33 CABS installed to the Phone Storage, on a softreset, my free memory is 60% or 75MB.
Ooops set off a chain reaction..hehehe...

I guess there can be base to it as when you install things to your card it may take a bit longer to load the program to start...as your phone is reading from the SC memory instead of the Phones Storage...I personally install most of my tweaks on the Phone storage and programs on the SC...

But as always as we discover it is all about personal preferences and what works for you...its called having cake and eating it too......