View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legmce View Post
Verizon TP2 6.5 / 2.5 sense. New to this flashing....concerned I will make a mistake....Last week with help from all you in this site (thank you very Much!)was able to unlock, flash Mighty Rom, add Cookie mod, add cabs for VZW text, battery % meter, several others. Hoping I could get some help with the steps necessary for upgrading to the new SE rom, with the cookie mod I keep seeing the 'Task 29' and not sure why or when this is used??? Help Please! Very much Thanks.....
Task 29 wipes your device clean kind of like doing a format on your hard drive (except it leaves the radio files alone). Its like starting off with a clean slate before flashing a new ROM. From what I understand, starting from a clean slate is better because it erases any files that may cause problems when flashing another rom. Is it required (and some may disagree), no, I don't really think so. You can do a hard reset and then flash the ROM and see how you like it (kind of like doing the old style flash dance)
FWW, wiping my device clean increases my pucker factor a bit and I have not elevated my comfort zone to that level yet.
So, as long as your device is still unlocked, then do a hard reset and then flash the new rom if you are a bit nervous about task29.

David
i
This post has been thanked 1 times.