View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:48 AM
bignadad
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BiGnAdAd HOME} ★MANILA 2.1/2.5★ Help/Q&A/Links + Links to MY HowTo's/Customizati

Quote:
Originally Posted by rddt View Post
I have some Manila 2.5 features questions (particularly when used on top of WM 6.5!):
sorry it took me so long to reply. missed the message somehow.

Quote:
SOFTWARE:
Contact Groups:
As I hinted at before I have a million contacts to manage and the single most compelling feature about WinMo 6.5 for me is the ability to use Contact Groups. Is this new feature well integrated into the People/Contacts interface of SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
If it is not, is there some other free & recommended 3rd party program that will let me group contacts for SMS or Email?
yea contact groups are built into Manila.....

Quote:
Search/Copy+Paste:
Likewise for searching info within contacts in order to add them into groups - has Search been improved in 6.5 and is it better integrated into SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
And within a contact card, though the new HTC interface looks nice, I can't find a way to copy/paste the information there - I use this feature all the time to txt a contact's phone or address to another person - what's the best way to grab and send that info in SenseUI/TouchFlo3D?
don't think that's possible...

Quote:
Facebook:
Another compelling feature of SenseUI/TouchFlo3D is the linkage of a Contact with a corresponding Facebook profile. I REALLY WANT THIS FEATURE. However, pre-upgrade this feature is a major disappointment - all it can do is add a photo and birthday, and in fact I tested it and the birthday part is broken. It has an Updates & Events section within the contact card, but Facebook info (which info I wonder?) does not update there at all. All it can do is update the photo. LAME! It should pull phone & email from Facebook, and current status too!
Has this been fixed in the 6.5 update? If not, is there some other free & recommended 3rd party program that will let me integrate like this?
a fbook tab has been added to mainla, but thats about it..the facebook integration with manila allows the contact pic to update auto when friend changes it. you can view status and photos, and you can also upload photos directly from htc album to facebook.. i use that all the time...

Quote:
Calendar/Contact Syncing:
What is the best way to do this? Ideally wirelessly with Gmail & Facebook, rather than having to plug it in and sync with Outlook via the USB cable.
i use windows live to get my email, then ms my phone to get everything else

Quote:
Voicemail:
Is there any way to restore those Voice Mail Buttons (on the Treo 700wx it was under Today->Speed Dial Options->Voicemail->Menu->Edit->Advanced)? That feature makes flying through VM so much faster! Maybe it comes with a package (if it exists) to restore Picture Speed Dial?
you can press and hold 1 on keypad to bring up voicemail...

Quote:
TP2 vs Treo Pro:
Keyboard & Word Completion:
Damn I really miss the Treo700wx keyboard - Treo Pro is slightly too small & TP2 is slightly too large for my hands. The Treo Pro has excellent word completion however (configurable under Setting->Input->Word Completion), this really enables me to type faster on the Pro. The TP2 does NOT have this feature though! Also slowing me down on the TP2, or rather missing from the SenseUI/TouchFlo3D interface is the lack of 1-Letter Shortcuts to jump to commonly used program names or items in long menus.
Is there any free & recommended 3rd party program that will provide word completion or 1-Letter Shortcuts on the TP2? Maybe there is an updated virtual keyboard for SenseUI/TouchFlo3D that features this?

From all these feature requests you can guess - I'd jump to WebOS or Android or even iPhone in a heartbeat, if I wasn't so attached to SERO on Sprint

Any further advice and links to the appropriate ROMs or CABS would be very much appreciated!
xt9 is loaded on my ROM. it provides word completion feature..