View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 03:40 PM
rawdikrik
Regular 'Geeker

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
Yes you will see two that say sprint optimized I use the one that is slightly bigger.
Actually... If you use the smaller one and then also download my attachment called GoodManila, that will replace the bad files and it is ALOT smaller than the other optimized one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
i agree with rawdi
Agreeing I still suck? j/k... LOL

Yeah man... Ive been doing this since last year, and STILL havent made a rom im totally happy with. I am STILL making HUGE mistakes and having to start from scratch... but hey, thats the way the games goes.

RADAR:
First and foremost...
Download Icey's updated Kitchen.

Once you do that... DONT ADD ANYTHING TO IT.

Familiarize yourself with the structure.
Open up the EXT's and see how they are put together. Compare them to cabs you may have.

Build a ROM from within the kitchen.
Dont add or take away anything.

Just... get a feel for the way it works.

"Make False" a few packages here and there.
Maybe add a package or 2.

Flash 6+ roms before you start adding and taking out packages. Try 6.5, Com 3, Com5.. Whatever.

Go slow... and soon enough you'll be messing with the sys packages and everything.

Just take it one step at a time. We cant completely hold your hand through the whole process, but we are all here to help each other.

Shiiii... I still need help DAILY...

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
This post has been thanked 2 times.