View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
aeropatel
PPCGeeks Regular

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Activation and Update Profile question

Quote:
Originally Posted by moza1961 View Post
HI All, I am new to the forum and practice of working with cooked ROM's but am excited to join the community. I have been working with my old Diamond flashing it with several ROM's and have found OMJ to be the best (great work and thanks!).
I have run into one issue i need some direction on. I apologize in advance if this is posted elswhere and accept any admonishment in advance and beg for your indugence while I find my way around.
Here is my issue; i have flashed the phone and gone through Sprint to have the phone activated. however, on the two occasions I have tried this Sprint has not been able to activate the phone. They ask me to run the "Update Profile" item which was on the original ROM but that I cant locate on the cooked OMJ ROM. Also, I dont see a GPS program which I tend to use the phone for frequently and wondered if there is another install I can run to add that feature?
Thanks in advance and, again, great work on the ROM!
here you go...

Install the Sprint Update profile & PRL cab to "device"..once done, reset the phone and you should be able to see the update profile and prl icons in Start > Settings > System

I also attached the latest Google Maps cab. It doesn't have "turn by turn" directions but it does a pretty good job of giving you the directions and letting you know where you are at all times. install it to internal storage. when you first run it, go to Menu > options and hit "Use GPS". That will start looking for satellites and once it finds it, it will triangulate your position. Also, make sure you go to Start > GPS > QuickGPS and download the latest satellite info.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 7Sprint-Update-Profile-&-PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab zzGoogleMaps.CAB (1.11 MB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by aeropatel; 04-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.