View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:32 PM
akayareal
PPCGeeks Regular

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who here is waiting on the EVO v2 with a keyboard and better specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Well I can certainly see your point. No argument from me there. My disagreement is when someone comes in and says something ridiculous like "keyboards are dead. You won't have a keyboard option. You might as well get this phone because nobody makes keyboard phones anymore..."

But you and me are on the same page for the most part. There will be other options for people who like keyboards. The size of my Touch Pro 2 doesn't bother me at all- and it's nowhere near as big Hitachi G1000 I used back in the day, so I would be more than happy with an Evo that has a keyboard (assuming it's about the same size as the TP2- give or take a few mm).

In all honesty, I'm positive an Evo with a keyboard would be thinner than a TP2, and maybe a couple mm wider and/or longer. The Evo is already a few mm wider and longer than a TP2, and I don't think a keyboard would add to that. The keyboard would add thickness, obviously, but advances in technology and careful planning with a focus on making it thin could make the device considerably thinner than a Touch Pro 2.

Why does a keyboard add so much thickness anyway? All it is basically is a circuit board under the keys. So the thickness of the keys + the thickness of the circuit board should be no more than 4 or 5 mm tops. And I could certainly take an Evo that was 4-5mm thicker but had a keyboard.
In all honestly, if they did announce a version with a keyboard a few months after the Evo was released, I would consider getting it depending on how i liked the Evo and if it had better specs, even if they were minor.

I just want the next best thing out when it comes down to it and thats why I really hope this thing will be around $450 with no contract so i can buy one off of ebay and hold my upgrade for the 4.5 inch 1.5ghz WP7 phone (HD3).

http://www.redmondpie.com/htc-hd3-co...mages-9140525/

Evo on 3g