View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:15 AM
boxeduphouses
N00b

boxeduphouses is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Assistance Flashing The original Touch Pro2 Splash Screens not welcomehead.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tvi View Post
I tried flashing this from the SD and from a computer and it never works. Either it'll stay on the "Loading..." screen (when flashing from SD), or it will just set at 0% and time out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxeduphouses View Post
You need to make sure that your phone has been HSPL Unlocked! It sounds 99.9% like your phone has not been unlocked yet.

This is the FAQ Page: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91619
This is where you download the unlocker: http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

Before asking any further questions please refer to either of those pages as they EXPLAIN EXACTLY how to unlock your phone. Once you have unlocked your phone then follow the instructions provided by mikee to flash this splash. This is a very easy process. You just need to read and follow all instructions and SEARCH the forums before asking questions that may have already been answered! Goodluck!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tvi View Post
Yeah...

I'm not that stupid.
I was going to decompile the nbh with shadowmite's tool, but I couldn't be bothered to see what was screwed up.

I'm running the stock Sprint 6.5 ROM, on an unlocked TP2.
Also, I don't see how your canned "You must be stupid, did you unlock the phone yet? and don't ask me how." text could be appropriate here. You could have just asked if it has been unlocked yet.

Would have been much less insulting.
Based upon your BRIEF statement as well as my own personal experience which can be seen in earlier posts it seemed like it was related to a locked hspl issue and according your second reply I was wrong. I sincerely apologize for having provided to much information and presenting it in an insulting way.