View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 AM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalone View Post
Hey, I'm going to try that HTCAccountManager key next time I flash and I'll let you know.

I'm already using the Configuration key and that selects which of the tabs are activated, but not the order. This is really an easy thing to manually adjust each flash, but I'm trying to see if I can get it to a point where everything is 100% ready to go right when I flash.

To pick your brain a little bit more, any idea which key turns on "Auto Adjust Backlight"?

Also, I know this isn't exactly the perfect thread for this...but it's related. I'm using a bunch of your cabs to turn off services/devices that I don't use. Once they are installed, is the effect permanent? Or do they need to stay installed on the device and uninstalling them reverses it?

Again, thanks for the great work. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say you made my life a lot easier
The configuration key is positively for the order and not the visibility. Check it again.

Backlight (although it seems to drain the battery more than help):
HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight
LightDetectionOn=1

Uninstalling the cabs should set the registry keys back, but I have never tested. The services and devices are set to manual and can be set to automatic and started very easily with dotFred's task manager if they do not uninstall correctly.