PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What you want to know about UC?
Basics - show me how to get started 72 35.29%
Editing and creating cabs - I want to share what I do 13 6.37%
XML Provisioning - I want to set up ActiveSync,WI-FI... automatically 40 19.61%
Scripting - I want to learn MortScript and how it can make UC easier 9 4.41%
Advanced Customizations - Removing the things I don't use 31 15.20%
What the hell is UC anyway? 39 19.12%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-15}

Duck, great information! Do you know of a way to UC'ize bluetooth pairing? I would love to not have to pair every time I get in the car (only because I am always flashing lol) Seems to me the way bluetooth works this would not be possible but you never know. I have old BT technology that uses the same PIN over and over. (not MS Sync that generates PINs on the fly)

For my PC, it does generate a PIN on the fly, so I accept there is probably no way to automate pairing with that...
Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Would you help me understand this line in your Exchange xml code:

<parm name="MIMETruncation" value="51200"/>

I looked for this here but it only shows one digit for the value setting. What's up?

Then I found this page that is really cool daigram of Exchange characteristic to use. I see that the 5120 sets the allowing incoming message size to 5K and a value of -1 allows all of the message to be synced. I still don't fully understand the extra 0 on the 51200. Is this just a combination of the two link pages explanations? So you are allowing the incoming message to be 5K large with the 5120 and the zero at the end lets it truncate all body text? So let the whole body in but only if the entire message is under 5K?

If I didn't want any limit would I put -10 there instead of 51200?

Last edited by bsarlo; 03-19-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsarlo View Post
Would you help me understand this line in your Exchange xml code:

<parm name="MIMETruncation" value="51200"/>

I looked for this here but it only shows one digit for the value setting. What's up?

Then I found this page that is really cool daigram of Exchange characteristic to use. I see that the 5120 sets the allowing incoming message size to 5K and a value of -1 allows all of the message to be synced. I still don't fully understand the extra 0 on the 51200. Is this just a combination of the two link pages explanations? So you are allowing the incoming message to be 5K large with the 5120 and the zero at the end lets it truncate all body text? So let the whole body in but only if the entire message is under 5K?

If I didn't want any limit would I put -10 there instead of 51200?
Simple Answer = Defect

Thanks for picking it up...
Old 03-19-2010, 10:01 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Duck, great information! Do you know of a way to UC'ize bluetooth pairing? I would love to not have to pair every time I get in the car (only because I am always flashing lol) Seems to me the way bluetooth works this would not be possible but you never know. I have old BT technology that uses the same PIN over and over. (not MS Sync that generates PINs on the fly)

For my PC, it does generate a PIN on the fly, so I accept there is probably no way to automate pairing with that...
There is no Configuration provider to do the pairing, but I think you might be able to simple export your registry:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\BlueTooth\Devices

It may not work since it takes two, but worth a try....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor

Two Questions:

1) How do you set up scripts for cabs that allow you to choose whether to install on device or storage card?

2) With cabs where it prompts you to restart after installation, is it ok to install several of them (or all of them) at once, then restart?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Old 03-20-2010, 01:51 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
Two Questions:

1) How do you set up scripts for cabs that allow you to choose whether to install on device or storage card?
If this is important to you, I recommend using Sashimi as a second step to install these cabs. Only install the cabs you want on your primary flash using UC. XDA_UC may be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
2) With cabs where it prompts you to restart after installation, is it ok to install several of them (or all of them) at once, then restart?
You should be fine to wait for the end of UC to reboot.

Last edited by NinjaDuck; 03-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

finalone is a n00b

Awesome job! I was trying to mess around with UC on my own and you made it so much easier for me!

Maybe you know if these few things can be found in the registry (and where):

Login information for Facebook
Login information for Twitter
The order of your Manila tabs
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalone View Post
Awesome job! I was trying to mess around with UC on my own and you made it so much easier for me!

Maybe you know if these few things can be found in the registry (and where):

Login information for Facebook
Login information for Twitter
The order of your Manila tabs
I do not use Facebook or Twitter, so I am not really sure if it will work, but this key seems promising:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAccountManager

Let me know if it works and I will add it to the front post.

Tab order in Manila is easy:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on

Be careful as writing this data can cause problems when new tabs or when you switch ROMs. You will know there is a problem because when you go to reorder them through the UI, some may be missing.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

finalone is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I do not use Facebook or Twitter, so I am not really sure if it will work, but this key seems promising:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAccountManager

Let me know if it works and I will add it to the front post.

Tab order in Manila is easy:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila\Configurati on

Be careful as writing this data can cause problems when new tabs or when you switch ROMs. You will know there is a problem because when you go to reorder them through the UI, some may be missing.
Hey, I'm going to try that HTCAccountManager key next time I flash and I'll let you know.

I'm already using the Configuration key and that selects which of the tabs are activated, but not the order. This is really an easy thing to manually adjust each flash, but I'm trying to see if I can get it to a point where everything is 100% ready to go right when I flash.

To pick your brain a little bit more, any idea which key turns on "Auto Adjust Backlight"?

Also, I know this isn't exactly the perfect thread for this...but it's related. I'm using a bunch of your cabs to turn off services/devices that I don't use. Once they are installed, is the effect permanent? Or do they need to stay installed on the device and uninstalling them reverses it?

Again, thanks for the great work. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say you made my life a lot easier

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2