View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 12:34 AM
BroMarduk
PPCGeeks Regular

BroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBroMarduk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |I|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 17| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by schomberg View Post
What's the best way to get everything back after upgrade. Sbp Backup and Sprite have upgrade function to use after rom upgrade, does it work as advertised for upgrading to these new roms? I can see the potential to want to try different versions out but getting everything going again takes forever. Also, how about S-K tools ability to make cabs from existing programs and executables containing multiple cabs and registry entries?

These cooked roms are pure gold, but a simple way to change rom/hard reset, and get back all your settings and programs would be platinum plus. A bunch of people would pay for that. My experience with Verizon is every time you have a problem, they just say "hard reset" then you have to dig up everything and reload, and they can't even guarantee that it will solve the problem.
Sashimi and My Phone (and ActiveSync in my case) are your friends here. I've gotten to the point where a flash normally takes about 5-10 minutes of configuration will all the apps I run. YMMV, but there are plenty of posts on how to use it.

I spent about 6 hours doing my configuration but with all the flashing I'm doing now, the initial investment was more than worth it...

Dan