View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:14 AM
TheShade001
PPCGeeks Regular

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
I've learned that when the weather stops updating in pretty much every case, it has been the fault of the weather servers "out there". Just give it a day or so, don't twist off and re-flash just because of this, and it has always came back on it's own eventually. When they are doing server maintenance, there is nothing we can do to make it start working again. Usually the tip-off to this being the problem is when people from all over the country, and on several different ROMs (I'm on Mr X right now and I've lost mine today too) begin to complain about this at the same time.
Yeah, i have learned this too. Unfortunately, this is a seperate issue having nothing to do with the accuweather servers. The problem only occurs when you install JVH3 WeatherCityEditor. It adds some registry entries that are causing problems. Once you install WeatherCityEditor and add a custom city, all cities stop updating because the weather tab can no longer connect. I am guessing it has to do with the WetherServerOverride entry that gets added.

Either way it sucks. I live in a small city and the MyLocation is never accurate. I am VERY bummed. This only happens on this version of the roms (docs tab, reader, etc.) It does not happen on the other rhodium versions. I typically have not had this problem. It did happen on the 3/7 rom which is one of the reasons i flashed back to 3/5.

Hope there is a fix soon. I will have to flash back again. Bummer. Anyone have any luck with adding custom cities?