View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 PM
gtmethod3
PPCGeeks Regular

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
My battery seems to be fine... Too early to tell though.

3 is the "sleep of death" and I noticed it a couple times on the march 5th ROM but it hasnt happened at all on the March 7th ROM. I'm sure this is due to my switching to the verizon driverset for the ROM. If it continues to be a problem I'll be switching back to the USCellular driverset...
I noticed this bug when I was using smartlock I believe. Right when the phone boots, it was like smartlock was activated, but the lock screen didn't work. For example the screen would just go to sleep even though I am using it and would not open to lock screen after resuming from sleep.

I remedied this by hitting the start menu button and hitting the manual lock icon and the lockscreen showed up and the phone was back to normal usage.

I did notice, however, there is a small delay when I manually hit the lock icon and the lockscreen showed up. If smartlock tried to put the phone to sleep during this time, the phone would go into the sleep of death mode and be unresponsive to anything. To prevent this from happening, increase the time limit in smartlock and do the manual lock shortly after smartlock tried to suspend the unit.

Situations may differ, but I hope this helps pinpoint the problem. Sounds like a driver conflict or something in that nature.