View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
ojuice
Lurker

ojuice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Since there are no real solutions to automatically disable data connections, while you edited SuspendResume there are options. For those who have e-mail linked to their phone might want to try this:

1. Start>Settings>Personal>Buttons( on the bottom of the screen are tabs, click END tab.) Now check off Automatically execute the selected action. Then check off Terminate data connection.

*Note* This option is great for when you notice data connection running. Just hold the END key to turn it off.

2. Having e-mail accounts on your device also start your connection. When setting up accounts you have options whether to Manually check mail or have the device check on a timed basis, the less checks it makes the better on battery life. I have mine set to EVERY 4 HOURS theres also ONCE A DAY.
Now After that click ADVANCED SETTINGS and UNCHECK Send/Receive when i click Send.
***That option solves alot of problems. people don't realize with that option active, every time you press the Send key Data connection starts up to check for e-mail.

I hope this helps. Would be nice if there was a program that would keep my #777 in Suspend/Resume and automatically disable data connection. Advanced Config & Diamond Tweak dont work, they just set it back to GPRS in Suspend/Resume. Making it impossible to answer phone calls without a delay.