View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
djp952
PPCGeeks Regular

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Prevent screen lock on app-by-app basis?

I hope this isn't a dumb question that I should have been able to find on my own, but I'd like to add wmplayer.exe as an application that will prevent a screen lock from occurring on my Imagio.

I thought I saw something somewhere out here, or by browsing around the registry on my device, that has a list of processes that if active and in the foreground will prevent the device from locking (aka Google Maps), but I can't find it anymore.

The reason I ask is that I grew tired of the HTC music implementation, the AudioManager_eng process seems to really kill my device and I've gone back to just using Windows Media Player. WMP 10 with a decent skin (http://sixsixfive.deviantart.com/art...55593?offset=0) seems to be a great deal more functional and less soft-reset-required than the HTC implementation. The physical volume +/- controls are properly granular, closing the app doesn't force me to ultimately soft-reset the device , etc. The only thing I'd really like it to do that it doesn't is prevent the device from locking while it's active since I tend to skip songs a lot on my rather massive playlist

I do apologize if I should know this or have found it on my own. Thanks!!