View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:10 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
A quick noob question... I seem to remember reading somewhere that in between test ROM's I should flash back to the stock or shipping ROM first. Any truth to that? I want to go back to 2.1 briefly and see what I'm missing.
It's good practice to flash a shipped ROM before a new custom rom with a different sys. If you don't, you will eventually end up with random hard resets during use (though it doesn't happen everytime you don't flash back to shipped). The best thing to do is flash the shipped rom and let it get the the 'tap here to calibrate screen'. Then just flash your custom ROM. There's no need to do anymore than that (though some people like to let it go through customization, hard reset, flash new custom, hard reset, and waste lots of time ).
This post has been thanked 1 times.