crashdau
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

crashdau is keeping up the good workcrashdau is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Fix]: VZW: Flash OEM 6.5, SPL Lock and no texting

Thanks imnuts and razgriz1138.

I called vzw tech support and the first person was a bonehead. Once I told her I did the OEM update she said I needed to bring it in to a store for a tech to look at it. I told her I could email, browse the web and make calls, just couldn't send text. She even had the gall to tell me that I couldn't send a text to myself !!!! Anywho....hung up and searched web again. One site suggested hard resetting and calling #8899.

So I did that and I got in touch with another tech person. She checked my account while I was resetting via pulling the battery. Once I did that and she did something to the account everything was working fine.

When I asked how this could have happened, she explained that occassionally when doing the *228 Opt 1, or even *28899 something does not get programmed to the account correctly. So she had to reset it.

So, if anyone experiences being unable to send text message and gets a Cause Code: Rdo.IF.R.S (or even a "NOACK") you probably have something not provisioned correctly on your account. Call tech support and if you get an idiot (they seem to have quite a few) hang up and try calling again.

Thanks for your help.

also, running Good Mobile Messaging....crap!