View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 AM
amd4me
PPCGeeks Regular

amd4me is keeping up the good workamd4me is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To all those who have Sprint...be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Odds are they won't go out of business before a new smart phone that's worth us buying comes out but for now, think of it this way...lets not forget that smart phones are still a niche market. Google and Apple are responsible for starting the process of converting the entire cellular market over to smart phones as opposed to non-smart phone devices.

Sprint a few years ago was AHEAD of the game when it came to smart devices, windows mobile was the only game in town. As soon as the regular market started getting smart phones like iPhone / Adroid, windows mobile failed to adapt quickly, they got blitzed from both angles. It's an embarasingly slow process for WM to get where it needs to be to be considered an "everyday smartphone" which is is NOT.

ANY windows mobile phone is the best type of smart phone...I don't care if you're using Vouge, Touch Diamond, a TP2 or a Touch HD, they all out perform most android phones and the iPhone as far as functionality is concerned...but the average cellular device user who has NEVER used a smartphone has a huge learning curve (when I say that I really mean it would take them more time than they want to spend learning how to use a phone), where as with iPhone and Android there is no learning curve...it really is that intuitive.

Once people adapt to the new easier to use smartphones then WM can come back in a big way (with WM7) by offering the "next level" of service through mobile devices that WM has had for years, but people didn't know how to use. Now they'll be able to pick it up and use it as easily as their Droid because they know what a smart phone can do and how to make it work for them. The market needed an education on how to take advantage of awesome mobile devices, and Android is giving it to them. Big brother WM will come back soon don't worry, it's just a shame that WM is basically on pause or keeps having set backs.
Almost everything in this post is untrue.