canospinach
Regular 'Geeker

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx77 View Post
how much upload bandwith does it really kill? most of us these days get at least 1mb in upload speeds, so even if you stream something @ 256 it shouldn't really make a difference.
The formal average in Southern California is low, only 386kbps, that includes Los Angeles and San Diego markets as per Cox cables recent analysis.

Not to mention if your on a cable connection your bandwidth is not static due to it being a shared general 35mb line for a given area (lucky DSL owners! dont have that issue). So on an afternoon when the network is busy your upload may fluctuate even more.

I can completely agree though, that for the standard individual the upload may not be a real concern.

Dont get me wrong, Slingbox is a fine service. Clearly there are folks who really enjoy it.

It just doesnt live upto my expectations. Besides with IPTV pretty much on our doorstep, products like Sling will either evolve into real media servers or go the way of the dinosaur.