Farnz
Lurker

Farnz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnz View Post
I've had nothing but problems with my TP as well. I exchanged it the first week due to GPS issues in store, and have exchanged it by mail twice (keyboard broken)as well. GPS does not work at all even with the $10.00 plan that I was tricked into after buying the phone(my phone DOES NOT work with GPS without the plan). I called and really complained on Friday. Rep was really nice and said it could be replaced with a Droid but I would have to receive one more replacement as I haven't hit the 3 bad phones yet. Technically I have, but the one exchange in store didn't count. He basically told me to call as soon as I receive the phone, state that there is a problem with it, and a Droid would be on the way. It's already been notated in my account. Now, if that actually happens, I'll be shocked, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Just an update. Got my replacement phone which didn't have the GPS crippled for the first time. Was kind of bummed because the screen wasn't crystal clear like my previous Touch phones, but I could live with it due to GPS working without the damn NavPlan. Two days ago the touch screen started acting up. I called Verizon sales today and told them I wanted to upgrade to a Droid and that I thought that I was within my 1 year window. I was informed I had three months to go but the sales rep said sir, we have in your notes that you were promised an upgrade if your current phone had a problem. WOuld you like to talk to tech support? I was offered the Touch Pro 2 without asking and then was asked if I wanted a Droid instead. I said the Droid would be a great replacement. So I got the Droid for $299.99 minus $100.00 mail in rebate and a $100.00 credit for my crappy Touch Pro, which I get to keep and probably sell. Not too bad of a deal considering I wasn't even close to completing my first year of contract. I was very impressed with customer service today, way to go Verizon! Oh, and no problems with keeping my Alltel plan either......