View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Davezx6r
Lurker

Davezx6r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: cell signal issues with vzn tp2

I'm not sure that this is necessarilly a verizon problem per se. Here have been my experiences so far. First this phone seems to stay in 1x mode if it can't get a reliable 3g signal as do most phones. The problem I'm finding is that the ability of the tp2 to hold onto a signal, 3g or 1x, is pretty poor. In a strong signal environment the phone works great but if I'm somewhere that cell phones are getting 2bars, my signal strength goes crazy. It will bounce anywhere from 0 to 3 bars and wont stay static. Now I will say the verizon radio seems a little worse for this. I flashed to both a sprint and uscellular radio and the signal strength does stabilize a little bit, But the bouncing IS still there. I recently went over to my budies house he has the tp2 on sprint and i sat the phones next to each other and while his signal was more steady it was still displaying the same bouncing almost in time with mine. My personal opinion is that the touch pro 2 just does not cope well with low signal strength, and coupled with verizons seeming appathy towards coming up with a TRUE solution we're getting all kinds of weird issues. For those that haven't, try reflashing your radio to the sprint one. Also how many of you are having this issue in a strong signal environment? Oh and one more thing when it happens to me resetting my data or phone connection in the com page seems to bring it back. Sorry for the long post I hope it helps.