Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
newgirl
Lurker
Threadstarter

newgirl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Saga hacked into it and can't get them out

Thank you for all your suggestions- as soon as I get home tomorrow I'll be heading to the police station. The desktop computer I have was given to me- to use/keep forever from the guy I work with which is how I believe he hacked into it using the remote assistant app- I was just using it with the admin sign-on/password he gave it to me with since I clearly didn't see this coming.
Once I got my cable internet installed through that desktop then wireless to my personal laptop (never used for work) I think that is what allowed him into the laptop and both the phones.
I've unplugged the desktop and I think the other night either he/them or the cable company pinged my cable through my cable box because the laptop- which was on (i was trying to disable or uninstall the telephony and the remote assistant management at the time) - my saga and the prepaid phone all shut down and restarted right after the cable box did.
I didn't have cable tv for a while (like over a year) and came home the other day- middle of the day- to find my tv on- thought it was weird but thought maybe it was the dvr working then the tv turned off and i didn't think anything about it. Now I'm wondering if it's all related....
I'm also wondering about the flexispy and mobilespy programs. I was reading about them this morning and it seems like maybe that's part of this since I'm almost positive that they've been listening to my calls & reading my sms messages.
I'm just concerned that the police won't necessarily know how to handle or disable or investigate this stuff.
I guess I also need to place a call to my cable company and see if they can tell me who if anyone has been accessing my data or where the information has been transferring to and from.
The reps at Verizon said I have to have a supeona to get the information on the data transfers even though it's to and from my phone. And the area code they're using is from Seattle Wash (I live in VA) so I'm guessing it's a proxy modem or something like that.
I was set to get the new verizon motorola droid but I just read that they have spyware for that phone now as well. I'm afraid to get a new phone to soon in case they can access that one via wifi as well- I'm def going to look into that lookout mobile security app.

Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I guess I'd feel less violated if it was someone I didn't know....

Again- thank you everyone for your thoughts- PLEASE keep them coming. Like I said I'm open to any suggestions and all your help is appreciated!!