View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM v4.0 Build 122109 CE OS 5.2.28011 M2.5 - Sashimi Compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocket1981 View Post
This ROM is excellent. Fast and stable but with new things included. It is really the best I tried up to now. I tried to cook some ROM in the past but I never get a ROM like that. I'm sure doing it took a lot of time, but you can be proud of it.

Up to now, I found like 2 or 3 problems. I use the 122309 Standard Build. I did all the flashdance. Hope someone can help me.

- The weather in Manila. When it launch for the first time, my location was "detected". That's my problem. It keeps saying that my location is Quebec. With that, the weather on the homepage is the one from Quebec and in the Weather tab I see Quebec also. I went in the weather tab and added Montreal because that is really my location. I have only Montreal in the list. Quebec is not in the list. In fact, I never found it in this list. Event if I added Montreal, the weather in the homepage is still the one of Quebec. What should I do to have my device using my real location. I would like to have my real weather on the homepage. What should I do??

- The clock on the Manila home page. I see the clock on the homepage and the time is good. If I go in an application or in the Windows application menu or quick menu or another application that is not Manila related and I go back to my home page the time is like an hour back the real time. At this time, Manila "realize" it and set it to the correct time but with a strange fashion... Someone know what should I do to have it always to the correct time? I checked in the regional settings and everything appear to be OK.

- I am unable to make the Device Information working. In the menu, Settings, System there is the Device Information icon. When I click on it, something loads but it is blank. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

For now, that's it... It's small things I found up to now. Other than that, I really like this ROM. If someone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

I've never been more confident in saying...it's not the ROM
Not saying you were blaming the ROM, just wanted to say that.

My Location

This feature is very quirky across many ROMs, some users (me) have awesome results and some dont. Did Montreal ever come up for you in the past?
Since the feature is largely based on tower communication, a new radio and/or updating your PRL may help.
Also you could try the suggestion in this post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=110

Clock

It's not an error, just a quirk of the port, use this cab, should do the trick
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1258095753

Device Info

Pretty sure ahuskins is aware and is something that is well established, not just on this ROM