View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 AM
cfong
PPCGeeks Regular

cfong is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: "Full QWERTY keypad replaced by "Phone keypad." Help!

I have to swallow my words. After changing to SPB, the stuck keypad came back. I do believe however, that the issue can be resolved. Below is my observations:

1. if classic word completion is uninstalled, there is NO stuck keypad issue. (unfortunately I really like classic word completion).

2. There are two different versions of classic word completion cab files. I downloaded both from ppcgeeks.com. The first file is called "classic word completion.cab", the second one is called "classic_word_completion.cab". The second one is posted by GoodThings2Life in the "touch pro 2 cleanup" thread.

3. The first cab file "classic word completion.cab" causes the full qwerty to turn to a numeral keypad when setting a new appointment, and it sticks, no matter what you do. The only way to get out of trance is to run fixstuckTP2keyboad.cab. But then when you setup a new appointment, it comes back. Not acceptable.

4. The second one posted by GoodTings2Life also changes the full qwerty to the numeral keypad. However, once you close the new appointment application, the keypad returns to normal full qwerty. So this is acceptable.

5. The only issue with GoodThings2Life's "classic_word_completion.cab" is that the word completion suggests only 1 word, rather than 4. It'll be perfect if a change could be made such that the word completion suggests 4 words.

Thank you!