PPCGeeks Regular

robmayer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stensonb View Post
hi all -

i just purchased a 6700 on eBay...other than a few cosmetic issues, it looks like its working...wifi - check, bluetooth - check, usb interface - ...

usb interface - ....

uh, the usb plug works because i can charge the phone...it correctly charges the phone when i plug it into the wall converter or with the usb cable to my computer.

upon plugging into the computer, however, i'm expecting some sort of response..."unknown hardware" or something like that. nothing.

i take a look at the device manager...no yellow exclamation marks or red errors...

i've tried a different usb cable...no luck.

i've even downloaded and installed activesync 4.5 from microsoft...didn't think software would make much of a difference, but i figured i would try...no luck.

i even plugged it into my linux server and did a "lsusb" command...there is NOTHING plugged into the usb port.

So I turn to you PPCGeeks for help. Please tell me its something silly like "you should turn it on" or "the battery must be installed" or "activesync only works on tuesday evenings from 11pm until 1am PST."

Right now, I'm looking for anything (eagerly ready to flash ROM to Helmi's Kitchen!)

Thanks all!
Well, first make sure the PPC is on before you plug it into your PC. Also make sure that the USB port on the computer is working by trying a different piece of hardware, or switch the phone to a different port. If that fails I would try a hard-reset and see if that solves the problem. Either that or try it on a different computer. Are you using Windows XP or Vista? I'm sorry if I was redundant regarding anything in your original post, I kinda just skimmed over it and thought I might be able to help out a little.

EDIT:

eh, I just re-read your post, I guess the USB port wouldn't be the problem. Sorry.

Last edited by robmayer; 12-14-2007 at 10:43 PM.